The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
DJSR
Boltjean
BazSpur
shearspur
vis
9 posters

FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers

vis
    vis

FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers Empty FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers

Post by vis Sun Mar 25 2012, 23:55

FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers 220px-BWFC_show_of_support_for_Fabrice_Muamba_vs_Blackburn_Rovers_on_24th_March_2012 FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR6KATZZyuFlAmWZsFnqsFHRT6SjH4A2jzpzHP6kGqXIB9XMu4

FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg Versus FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers 150px-Bolton_Wanderers_FC.svg

At

FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers 170px-White_Hart_Lane_Jan_2008

In the . . . .
    FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKfBdT0Z-f3dRtewakjQFAwfxoFiYQBQWLbysHzvdoY6FobTrV0Q

Sponsered by . . . . .
    FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPDGpO5Ax1jHQbb4lPOg2Ovf8hInbhHUCjoU_4VGw-UP_3OyHB

27/03/2012
    Kick Off @ 1930hrs BST
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers

Post by shearspur Mon Mar 26 2012, 00:42

AKA the whole footballing world v spurs in this one. fight .COYS
    vis
    vis

FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: FA Cup Quarter Final Vs Bolton Wanderers

Post by vis Mon Mar 26 2012, 05:13

Certainly is Shear. I would think everyone connected with Bolton, & every neutral, will be willing the Trotters to go on & win the cup for Muamba. This is going to be a very tricky game . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Mar 26 2012, 05:32

im hoping our confidence will be back now, after a good showing at the bridge we can go on and get to wembley for a semi and a final hopefully.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 26 2012, 06:44

Time for us to show we really do have the pedigree. We really should still beat Bolton, even if everyone else doesn't want us to win. It wouldn't stop Man U. We need to be totally ruthless.

Last edited by BazSpur on Tue Mar 27 2012, 05:43; edited 1 time in total
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Mar 27 2012, 05:00

Bolton manager Owen Coyle has stated that tomorrows game will give Bolton the chance to thank the Tottenham fans. It should be quite an emotional moment for both clubs when they come out onto the pitch. I agree with Vis, this will be a very hard game and Bolton will no doubt sweat blood for Muamba. I think the game could go to a replay.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27 2012, 10:14

FA CUP SIXTH ROUND
    Venue: White Hart Lane Date: Tuesday, 27 March Kick-off: 1930 BST
    Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp could recall winger Aaron Lennon and captain Ledley King for Tuesday's re-arranged FA Cup quarter-final tie with Bolton.
    But fellow defender Michael Dawson (ankle), goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes (knee), and midfielder Tom Huddlestone (ankle) are all missing through injury.
    Bolton manager Owen Coyle says recent signing winger Gregg Wylde will not make his Wanderers debut.
    The winger has encountered problems with his recent transfer from Rangers.
    "It's still with Fifa," said Coyle. "We have sent all the necessary paperwork."
    Redknapp said following Saturday's derby that he intends to "freshen up" his team up for the visit of the Trotters, which means Carlo Cudicini, Ryan Nelsen, Jermain Defoe and Danny Rose could all start for Spurs.
    "The FA Cup is a big thing for us, definitely," said Redknapp, who won the competition with Portsmouth in 2008.
    "I'd be bitterly disappointed if we didn't make the semi-final now. It's a game we want to win.
    "We want Champions League football but also I want an FA Cup final.
    "I want to win the cup and qualify for the Champions League as well. That's the aim."
    MATCH PREVIEW

Head-to-head
    • An subdued atmosphere is expected at White Hart lane, as this FA Cup Quarter-final is restaged, 10 days after it was abandoned, due to the cardiac arrest of Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba, from which he is making a miraculously recovery.
    • The score stood at 1-1 when the game was discontinued after 41 minutes.
    • Of 101 league and cup games between these clubs since 1908, Tottenham have won 45, Bolton 37, and 19 drawn.
    • Tottenham took their run of home wins against Bolton to five with a 3-0 triumph in the equivalent Premier League fixture in December, when the Trotters had Gary Cahill sent off. It's seven and a half years since Bolton last won at White Hart Lane.
    • This is the seventh time they have been drawn against each other in the FA Cup, with Tottenham leading 4-2. The North London club twice scored four unanswered goals to win their two most recent ties. Only twice have these clubs been able to resolve an FA Cup tie at the first time of asking.
    • A semi-final tie against Chelsea at Wembley on Sunday, 15 April awaits the winners.
    Tottenham Hotspur
    • The 3-1 victory over League One Stevenage in the fifth round replay is Tottenham's only win in their last seven league and cup outings.
    • Spurs are chasing a 19th semi-final appearance, their second in three seasons, and sixth since winning the FA Cup for the eighth time in their history in 1991.
    • Bolton is the only Premier League club Harry Redknapp's side have faced in this cup run. He is hoping his charges avoid a third successive exit at the hands of such clubs, having been ousted by Portsmouth in the semi-finals in 2009, and Fulham, in the fourth round last season.
    Bolton Wanderers
    • Bolton, fourth bottom and 13 places lower than Spurs in the Premier League table, and looking for a second successive appearance in the semi-finals and 15th in their history.
    • Since losing in a fifth round replay to Spurs in February 2010, the Trotters have won seven of 10 FA Cup matches, and lost one, to Stoke in the last four last season. The have also won four and drawn one of their last five FA Cup matches on the road.
    • The four-times winners who last lifted the trophy in 1958, have overcome Premier League opposition on four of the last five occasions they have had to face them, including Swansea in the current run.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27 2012, 10:15

nooooooooooooooooooo way should we let him start

give him 20 30 mins late on

and maybe do the same aganst swansea
    bring him back slowley
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Mar 28 2012, 03:49

Won't be seeing much of this game. Meeting a dear old friend for a few beers this evening . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28 2012, 04:09

im going to the pub so i wont be around untill after 10

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28 2012, 04:54

TEAM NEWS
    Harry makes four changes to the starting line-up at Chelsea with Carlo Cudicini, Ledley King, Ryan Nelsen and Jake Livermore all returning. Emmanuel Adebayor partners Rafa van der Vaart up front.
    STARTING LINE-UP
    Cudicini; Walker, King, Nelsen, Assou-Ekotto; Modric, Livermore, Parker, Bale; Adebayor, van der Vaart.
    SUBS
    Friedel, Kaboul, Rose, Kranjcar, Giovani, Defoe, Saha.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28 2012, 04:55

why the fuk play ade again he just back from injury and worked hard aganst chelsea
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Mar 28 2012, 05:25

watch the game live here >>> CLICK HERE

Kick off delayed by 15 mins (8pm KO) due to a major accident delaying the bolton fans from getting to the ground.
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Wed Mar 28 2012, 07:46

Defoe = Greedy or what ????

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28 2012, 08:21

yep sure is.
    bolton was so bad. every gooner going on about that player rychu or something but he didnt do nothing

thought we looked better when parker went off
    for all of ade good hold up play hes shooting is worse then rodneys lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 28 2012, 08:30

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep sure is.
    bolton was so bad. every gooner going on about that player rychu or something but he didnt do nothing

thought we looked better when parker went off
    for all of ade good hold up play hes shooting is worse then rodneys lol
    Ffs we just battered Bolton but for bogdan it would been a landslide Parker getting into the box and driving forward. Defoe setting up bale and your still finding fault
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Mar 28 2012, 09:05

LOL Dave there's always goota be a whipping boy ain't there . . . . .

Saw the 2nd half. Found a pleasent enough hostelry playing ESPN with the sound off. When my mate & me walked in it made 9 punters in total & a dude behind the bar. Lovely Bitburger lager on draft to boot. 3 in aresnil shirts, 1 in Chelski & the rest in plaid ! ! ! I was not shirted but wearing a tastefull white Fred Perry with light & navy blue trim that the Wife had got because she thought I would love the colour scheme going on. I saw some stats that said we mullered 'em. 1st chance of 2nd half we got I shouted then groaned. My secret was out. A Spur & his German Spur mate had walked into a shrine of "C'Mon Bolton". Some friendley banter was exchanged and at Webbs final whistle we left with parting words of "see you for 3rd place" & "we always beat Chelski 2-1 at Wembley". What I saw of the game Spurs battered them and were deserving of the win. The confidence, freedom & joy of playing the game seems to be coming back after our 'blip' and I was most impressed with what I saw. All told a good result in what I thought would be a tricky game and, as ever, I always enjoy it when humble pie is dished up to me . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28 2012, 10:00

omg the keeper made one good save. ffs most of the shots at him
    we always do this cream over other keepers when our shootin and lack of awarness in front of goal
    how many times could a player pass it for a tap in but shot

remember when bobby mimms got man of the match aganst us when he was playing for everton and we went out and brought him on that performace

also the keeper tonight didnt even bother to move for saha

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28 2012, 10:08

According to twitter Livermore had to dump his car a mile from WHL due to an accident and run to the stadium with a bunch of school kids chasing him

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 28 2012, 18:40

Loughtonlegend wrote:omg the keeper made one good save. ffs most of the shots at him
    we always do this cream over other keepers when our shootin and lack of awarness in front of goal
    how many times could a player pass it for a tap in but shot

remember when bobby mimms got man of the match aganst us when he was playing for everton and we went out and brought him on that performace

also the keeper tonight didnt even bother to move for saha

My god, Ian Dowie was commentating on the match, you know Dowie, the ex pro and manager? he said that it was the best Spurs played since the begining of the season and that Bolton were trying hard, but Spurs were too good for them. He kept commentating on the Bogdan saves and ive read all the reports this morning and they say the same, Bogdan didnt move for Saha's shot because it was by him before he had a chance.
    Now do us all a favour and f**k off and support someone else, im sick and tired of reading your posts which 9 times out ten are moans.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Mar 28 2012, 20:06

Lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 28 2012, 20:24

That the final scoreline was only 3-1 in Tottenham’s favour was ultimately down to a genuinely inspired performance from Bolton goalkeeper Adam Bogdan.

Thats from todays Telegraph, but what do they know, eh Lought?

Always the other teams poor performance, never any credit for the team you are supposed to support.

4th in the league, genuine contenders for 3rd, semi finals of the fa cup and all youve done all season is moan and dig out players and the manager on each and every single game.

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed Mar 28 2012, 21:18

From the Independent:

Tottenham were so superiorthat the scoreline could have reachedembarrassing proportions but for a SUPERB display from Adam Bogdan in the Bolton goal.

Can they all be wrong?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 28 2012, 22:33

seebee1944 wrote:

From the Independent:

Tottenham were so superiorthat the scoreline could have reachedembarrassing proportions but for a SUPERB display from Adam Bogdan in the Bolton goal.

Can they all be wrong?

Yes Seebee, according to football manager extraodinaire Lought, he is the font of all knowledge and why dont people play his way and why dont managers manage his way, jeeez i give up with him mate, unless we are playing like Barcelona and winning by 10 goals each game we are crap and the only reason we win games is because the opposition are sh*t.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 29 2012, 00:46

Lought? you don't half talk some bollox mate PMSL. That was the best Spurs performance I have ever seen and like Seebee and others like Mike and Len I go back a lot further than you. The pace of our movement and passing was the reason Bolton were made to look bad. They just couldn't get the ball most of the time. Although they are in the relegation part of the Prem they are still no mugs. This was a different Tottenham than the one that played them first time round. As for the keeper don't forget he made two double saves in that match and that was nothing to do witn the ball being hit straight at him. The speed he got up off the floor to make those saves was phenomenal. Mate? I sometimes wonder if you are on a gigantic wind up and or pisstake or whether you really don't support Spurs. Once again it's getting boring. Maybe everyone should put you on ignore so you can just witter away on your own. You are like a troll fella. Seems to me you feed off answers made to your ridiculous comments.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:36