The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
Boltjean
ArnieArdiles
LOBO
shearspur
BazSpur
djfitzo
ionman34
11 posters

Aitch and the Rolling Deal

Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Aitch and the Rolling Deal

Post by Maximus Thu May 31 2012, 06:47

Bring back big Mart !!!!!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu May 31 2012, 06:55

minimus wrote:Bring back big Mart !!!!!

Yep , cant ever see it happening though ,
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jun 01 2012, 14:45

anicoll5 wrote:So why were the stories about Levy demanding £12 million compensation from the FA for Arry joining England ?

Huh? Was he offered the job? No. As such is the case, what would DL be demanding compensation for?
    Rather silly question really.

Given the nine managers you have got through in the twelve years since Levy was foisted on you by ENIC does it occur to you to think it might not just be the manager who needs a change

Not really, seeing as since ENIC took over we have steadily moved up the table until we are now a consistent top 5 performer, we are now regulars in European competition, a rarity when Scholar was in charge, our revenue has increased, our worldwide exposure has increased, our ability to attract top talent has increased, our infrastructure has vastly improved with the new stadium on the horizon and the most state of the art training facility on the planet now in place.

Yeah, you're right Nic ........ What have the Romans ever done for us?

I vaguely recall Levy's plan was for a new stadium - him being a master businessman

2005 that started as I recall - slightly before AFC moved into the Emirates

How is the stadium project Ion ? Very Happy

Last I heard the demolition process has commenced and we are looking at offers of around 150 million for the naming rights.

How do them cornflakes taste now they've been p*ssed on Nic?
    Very Happy
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jun 01 2012, 15:11

vis wrote:@ Ion and your 1st post.
    Mate should your ITK be correct I always have reservations on players being bought for a manager to work with regardlessof if they want them or not. Using Chelski as an example think Chavchenko? If the guy is "bossing" the team then he needs players he likes, trusts and can work with. Redknapp may wish Rio Fredinand in defence rather then who Levy is trying to sign? Maybe Hesky upfront? If Levy & the board don't trust Redknapp then they should bring in a "manager" they do . . . . . . . .

Depends on the players really Vis and I really can't see how ANY manager would have reservations about one of the hottest defensive talents in Europe, particularly as his desire is to play for this club first and foremost. A demonstration of commitment to the cause has to tick the plus box on any managers requirements.
    Having said that, I don't think it's a case of Aitch having no say rather that he identifies the areas that need strengthening, probably discusses a few suitable players, then DL and the team go to work. I'm told DL has a team of statisticians to hand as well who advise on players as well. How much of that is true I don't know but I'd believe that that is one of the methods by which they deem a player suitable for taking a risk.

We will see whether it is a trust issue or not fairly shortly as I am hearing they are meeting. Extension or the goonah, it's going to be one of the two and, as there is a great deal of disparity between some of the ITK, I'm sitting firmly on the fence on this one.

I see that Rodgers has made an almighty cock up going to the Scouse, they need an overhaul rather than refining. I wonder if he'll get what AVB got should he try to oust the 'old guard' and suffer with a few results.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 01 2012, 19:29

So why were the stories about Levy demanding £12 million compensation from the FA for Arry joining England ?

Huh? Was he offered the job? No. As such is the case, what would DL be demanding compensation for?

I think that is one we definitely agree on - my comment was a response to the suggestion of THFC sacking Arry with nil compensation.

Now the ones we probably wont agree on

"What have the Romans Done for us ?" You ask

Well in the past eleven years since Enic took over and Levy took the helm you have managed to present as challengers for a tilt at the PL title for about three weeks, in February this year. I assume you regard that as acceptable progress ? Very debatable for a club of Spuds size and financial resources.

You have achieved entry to the Uefa Champions League in one out of eleven attempts - I agree that is progress, though from a starting point of nil.

You have appeared in two domestic finals for a competition which major teams do not take seriously. No FA Cup final. You have won one trophy. I do not believe, of you check your records that is better than the Sugar record at the club in the preceding regime.

As for your revenue increasing and your "worldwide exposure" as far as I can see every football club's revenue has massively increased, as have their costs. I do not see why Levy or Enic should take any special credit for being on the gravy train.

As for "worlwide exposure" do come off it - you are not in marketing.

And finally your stadium - faites attention

Your stadium is no nearer becuase you have not secured one $ or £ of the £300 million funding that you need to build the thing - British banks will not touch it, European banks have no spare cash or appetite for risk, and US banks associate "Tottenham" with only one thing - burning buses evil2

So I am pleased you are getting on with the "demolition" - I think you will find however that is for the new Sainsburys on the High Road lol!

As I say it is not all bad - but in most businesses a track record like Levy's, especially the £20 million farce with Stratford, would have been stamp on his P45

You are a patient lot though

I'll get back to my cornflakes now Very Happy

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 01 2012, 19:37

And for those of you thinking I am taking the P*ss about Sainsburys such is the power of the internet - opening in 2013;

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/sainsburys-tie-up-spurs-tottenhams-new-stadium-plan/226716.article#
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 01 2012, 20:23

Drain the P*ss off first Nic.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 01 2012, 20:26

anicoll5 wrote:And for those of you thinking I am taking the P*ss about Sainsburys such is the power of the internet - opening in 2013;

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/sainsburys-tie-up-spurs-tottenhams-new-stadium-plan/226716.article#

So? I don't see what you're getting at Nic. We know Sainsbury's are opening a supermarket in conjuction with the new stadium. So what?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 01 2012, 20:31

The comment was related to Ion's claim that the building of the Spuds new stadium was already underway - in the form of "demolition". Sainsbury's will open in 2013 whether there is a new stadium or not.

I was simply pointing out it is not, and will not get underway , until Levy and/or Enic find a source of funding to begin the project.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 01 2012, 21:01

Well, whichever way you look at it it's still part of the developement but then splitting hairs is not a favourite pastime of mine Nic.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 01 2012, 21:32

Does seem to be a bit off topic that started with Arry and the rolling deal - The oneness of football !
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jun 01 2012, 23:55

ionman34 wrote:

I see that Rodgers has made an almighty cock up going to the Scouse, they need an overhaul rather than refining. I wonder if he'll get what AVB got should he try to oust the 'old guard' and suffer with a few results.[/b][/i][/color]

I think the cock up could be ours Ion , if Levy and Harry part ways just days after Rodgers appointment.

I think our squad would've been an easier job for Rodgers to get us playing in the style he wants but I don't see it being a problem at most top half premeirship clubs. Its just about belief and understanding in a system of play and whether the manager and his team have the know how to pass it on to their players. Theres more to it, than merely encouraging your players to pass and move.

I'm a little gutted he's gone there..

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Jun 02 2012, 00:15

Apart from his ability as a coach I have been impressed how Rodgers has conducted himself during his recruitment by Liverpool - in marked contrast to Martinez's carrying on and Lambert's resignation at Carrow Road

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02 2012, 01:47

i see theres loads of storys about harry leaving
    just because harry not said anything this week

yet it might have something to do with the fact hes on holiday this week before he starts work for the bbc

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jun 02 2012, 05:19

anicoll5 wrote:Apart from his ability as a coach I have been impressed how Rodgers has conducted himself during his recruitment by Liverpool - in marked contrast to Martinez's carrying on and Lambert's resignation at Carrow Road

What do you mean Nic ?

What carrying on did Martinez do ?

As for Lambert we don't know what's gone on there do we and as fantastic in the kitchen Delia is, it don't mean we take her side without knowing the facts?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Jun 02 2012, 05:27

Martinez's announcement that he would reveal to the world on Tuesday his future career plans was particularly daft

We are still waiting Roberto

Did Lambert need to " resign" from his Norwich job ?

As the poor b*stard is taking over at Villa it is cruel to be too harsh

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jun 02 2012, 05:29

Loughtonlegend wrote:i see theres loads of storys about harry leaving

yet it might have something to do with the fact hes on holiday this week before he starts work for the bbc

Last I heard he's had second thoughts over it and is not doing it,Lought.

Also, this Levy new contract buisness with Harry, I'd imagine has new stipulations to do with Harry's media activities .
    Maybe Levy has at last recognised his mistake when employing Harry and is now putting his foot down. It's been said that certain directors on the board are also of this opinion and that Harry needs to concentrate fully on his job at Spurs and nothing else.

Dropping his Sun Newspaper column is a start.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Jun 02 2012, 05:34

I can see that since his Court appearance the column in the Sun was problematic
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jun 02 2012, 05:37

anicoll5 wrote:Martinez's announcement that he would reveal to the world on Tuesday his future career plans was particularly daft

We are still waiting Roberto

I missed all that, don't know nothing about any announcement.

Did Lambert need to " resign" from his Norwich job ?

Again. we don't know whats gone on there. that's why I asked if you knew anything about it?

As the poor b*stard is taking over at Villa it is cruel to be too harsh

Lol ...true

[b]
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jun 02 2012, 05:38

anicoll5 wrote:I can see that since his Court appearance the column in the Sun was problematic

Again, what are you saying ?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Jun 02 2012, 06:25

I am saying that as Arry is an allegedly entirely illiterate cnut that it may have puzzled the readers of his column in the Sun, not to mention dear old Mr Murdoch, as to the point of it

Why

What do you think I mean ?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 02 2012, 10:54

Loughtonlegend wrote:i see theres loads of storys about harry leaving

He's not on holiday per se Lought and, so I am led to believe, he will not be working as a pundit during the Euro's.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 02 2012, 12:13

anicoll5 wrote:So why were the stories about Levy demanding £12 million compensation from the FA for Arry joining England ?

I think that is one we definitely agree on - my comment was a response to the suggestion of THFC sacking Arry with nil compensation.

Righto, I guess your grammar left a bit to be desired there. Very Happy

Now the ones we probably wont agree on

"What have the Romans Done for us ?" You ask

Well in the past eleven years since Enic took over and Levy took the helm you have managed to present as challengers for a tilt at the PL title for about three weeks, in February this year. I assume you regard that as acceptable progress ? Very debatable for a club of Spuds size and financial resources.

When Enic took over our financial resources were still recovering from virtual bankruptcy. If you are wondering just how long and winding a road that is I suggest you look at Leeds.
    In 11 years, DL has managed to take us from that dire financial position to the 15th biggest club in the World but, meh, anyone could do that right?
    Yes, for a brief period we flirted with a title challenge ......... Against 3 of the 5 biggest clubs on the planet and only got pipped by one of them on the last day and only through the failings of the playing staff.
    As for our size and financial resources, again, who put us into such a strong position? Scholar? Sugar?

You have achieved entry to the Uefa Champions League in one out of eleven attempts - I agree that is progress, though from a starting point of nil.

Don't talk wet. Enic have successfully built us up from mid table also rans/relegation flirters into a solid top 5 club. In our last 3 seasons we have made the mandatory qualification positions twice with this past season being anomolous. We have steadily progressed from a nonentity team into a team challenging for the elite spots and throughout we have done so without incurring any form of serious debt, predominantly realising profit throughout. Were it not for the advent of multi Billionaires throwing obscene amounts of money at their teams, completely ignoring the debt incurred, then we would be top 3 and challenging yourselves and Yanited for the title. Players we have been gazzumped on, by the ridiculous wage packets offered by Cheatski & Citeh, would, in all likelihood, have pushed us on towards a more that feasible title shot.

Yet despite the spending prowess of the anomolies, we STILL are up there challenging, despite our significantly lower revenue and exposure.

Through the efforts of the board and management we currently have, arguably, the 3rd best squad in the Premier League despite being, I believe, 6th on the wages spent ladder. This is a significant achievement in ANY sport let alone the cash driven World of Football.

You have appeared in two domestic finals for a competition which major teams do not take seriously. No FA Cup final. You have won one trophy. I do not believe, of you check your records that is better than the Sugar record at the club in the preceding regime.

I won't even bother to give this statement credence with a full answer. Suffice to say that what you choose to ignore tells a far greater story than the ignorant tidbit you've posted.

As for your revenue increasing and your "worldwide exposure" as far as I can see every football club's revenue has massively increased, as have their costs. I do not see why Levy or Enic should take any special credit for being on the gravy train.

Because they've taken us to higher positions that have increased that revenue. How odd that you would have missed the fact that finishing higher in the league earns you greater revenue or that regular European competition has the same effect.

As for "worlwide exposure" do come off it - you are not in marketing.

No, but I am abroad and exposed to the same media that the South East Asians are. It would scare the pants off you goons to know just how quickly our club is growing out here. To get a Spurs shirt previously I would have to order it from Spurs, now I can buy them in the shops in Oz when they have NEVER been sold over here previously. Add to that the exposure we have received in Africa and South America (yes, I know Spurs fans in both countries and they have waxed lyrical about the growth in exposure of the club on both of those continents) and this equates to 'increased exposure.' You don't have to be in marketing to know this when you are living it.

And finally your stadium - faites attention

Your stadium is no nearer becuase you have not secured one $ or £ of the £300 million funding that you need to build the thing - British banks will not touch it, European banks have no spare cash or appetite for risk, and US banks associate "Tottenham" with only one thing - burning buses evil2

Facetious much? More to the point, you haven't a clue what is occuring on that front. I follow the reports of people, on other websites, who know a little more about this that you or I, lawyers and financiers who have connections within the club and who report steady progress. Yes we are still looking to secure further financing, but to suggest we have secured none is wishful thinking on your part. The very fact that Sainsbury's will open in 2013 is proof of that, did you think we just gave the site away to them as a Charity donation?

As for the banks, they associate 'Tottenham' with Tottenham Hotspur. They are lending nothing currently to ANYONE, not just Spurs. Or are you going to try and pin the blame for GFC on Levy as well?

So I am pleased you are getting on with the "demolition" - I think you will find however that is for the new Sainsburys on the High Road lol!

It is, all part of the development plan that will culminate in a sparkling new stadium in an area ripe for regeneration and all led by Spurs. What a legacy.

What is yours?

As I say it is not all bad - but in most businesses a track record like Levy's, especially the £20 million farce with Stratford, would have been stamp on his P45

Granted the Stratford 'business' didn't cover him in Glory, but then it wasn't a complete failure. Are Wet Spam moving in?

You are a patient lot though

You say that as though it is risible. Our patience ensures that our time will come. We, in the main, are also intelligent, which explains our faith in the business acumen of our Chairman, the best in the business.

Get a new bowl mate, I've done more than P*ss in them.

It's been a while since we had one of these Tete-a-tete's Nic and I've thoroughly enjoyed it, always did.

Good to have you back you pedantic barsteward. Very Happy
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 02 2012, 20:19

Get a new bowl mate, I've done more than P*ss in them.

Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 348204 Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 348204 Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 348204 Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 348204 Aitch and the Rolling Deal - Page 2 348204
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Jun 03 2012, 00:48

anicoll5 wrote:I am saying that as Arry is an allegedly entirely illiterate cnut that it may have puzzled the readers of his column in the Sun, not to mention dear old Mr Murdoch, as to the point of it

Why

What do you think I mean ?

Surely Nic you have heard of Ghost Writers? Redknapp did admit to understanding how a mobile phone works so I would imagine he & the Ghost Writer discuss a topic to be wrote about, Casper the Ghost Writer goes off and weaves his magic, rings Redknapp back and goes through it. Redknapp agrees or suggests changes. Off to the Sun it goes and off to the bank with another cheque goes Redknapp. Alleged illiteracy would not be a hurdle for a newspaper column . . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:40