The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
fickle fans - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
fickle fans - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
fickle fans - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
fickle fans - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
fickle fans - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
fickle fans - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
fickle fans - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
fickle fans - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
fickle fans - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

fickle fans - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

fickle fans

fickle fans - Page 2 Empty Re: fickle fans

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 05:01

can you really see that avb would know loads about sigerson and dempsey.

we cant play 2 up front because we dont have 2 strikers.
    ade only just come back again
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 05 2012, 05:11

Bludgeoning Lew? Whose bludgeoning? Everyone is entitled their opinion. I find that a little condescending to be honest.I have an opinion the same as you and Mark and everyone else. No Lew bludgeoning would be telling Mark he can't say that on here. Think you ought to go look the word up Lew. Bludgeoning it certainly wasn't. I was putting my opinion. You have something against opinions on here Lew or are you just coming on as usual to ruffle feathers?

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 05:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:can you really see that avb would know loads about sigerson and dempsey.

we cant play 2 up front because we dont have 2 strikers.
    ade only just come back again

Yeah lought i reckon he knows about those players having been manager of chelsea, full stop really on that one.

Come again lought ! cant play 2 strikers up front ?
    We couldnt score a goal and he takes off a striker, and replaces him with a striker, thats because he plays that way lought.
    Its early days lought and i just hope he learns.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 06:08

BazSpur wrote:Bludgeoning Lew? Whose bludgeoning? Everyone is entitled their opinion. I find that a little condescending to be honest.I have an opinion the same as you and Mark and everyone else. No Lew bludgeoning would be telling Mark he can't say that on here. Think you ought to go look the word up Lew. Bludgeoning it certainly wasn't. I was putting my opinion. You have something against opinions on here Lew or are you just coming on as usual to ruffle feathers?

If people think i am ruffling their feathers then thats their problem baz.
    My point of view was that mark careered off by saying he wont mention the subject anymore .
    He was entitled to voice an opinion as was lobo that we should be beating teams like wigan, but ends up being called a redknapper.
    I dont need to look up any word that i use, i wouldnt use it if i didnt know what it mean.
    Ok maybe the word was strong but he was swerved off what he really thinks and wanted to talk about (in my opinion)
    My truthful view is that avb certainly has it in him to be a good spurs manager, but you know maybe those booing at the ground yesterday are fed up with crap tactics, and tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, we have had all this since god knows when, every time a new manager is set in place its always tomorrow.
    But lets see what the season brings, i think any new bloke deserves one full season in charge, i dont expect massive success, but i do expect some sort of indication of a promising future to show we are on the right lines.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 06:13

of course he must of heard of players like demsey but dont rekon he was on hes radar. it was a last minute panic buy from levy.

he took defoe off for because defoe done nothing all game. at least dempsey was trying and getting into decent postions.

it nearly worked because we played better when defoe been off.

its a bit of a coincidence that since defoe been the main man we havent played that well.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 06:20

Defoe hasnt realised his full potential lought, but he can turn a game, from what i heard he needed more service up front.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 06:26

wtf lew defoe 30. the guy running out of time and excuses. he still struggles with the offside rule Very Happy
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 05 2012, 06:37

Mr Plums. wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Bludgeoning Lew? Whose bludgeoning? Everyone is entitled their opinion. I find that a little condescending to be honest.I have an opinion the same as you and Mark and everyone else. No Lew bludgeoning would be telling Mark he can't say that on here. Think you ought to go look the word up Lew. Bludgeoning it certainly wasn't. I was putting my opinion. You have something against opinions on here Lew or are you just coming on as usual to ruffle feathers?

If people think i am ruffling their feathers then thats their problem baz.

Not people Lew. I don't know what others thin but I do think that. The last time you came on here when AVB was appointed you came on here and a blazing row ensued because of your attitude mate.

That time it wasn't your opinion Lew, you came on attacking all and Sundry for the views they held about Redknapp and AVB. I am sure others will remember. That particular episode.You and I had words then about your attitude.

My point of view was that mark careered off by saying he wont mention the subject anymore

I said he was entitled to his opinion as we all are Lew......did I not?. Did I tell Mark not to mention the subject again? I think not.

He was entitled to voice an opinion as was lobo that we should be beating teams like wigan, but ends up being called a redknapper.

Yes and Mark answered that by saying he wasn't a Redknapper thank you very much and I accept that. I am sure Mark will read this and accept that I accept that and used the wrong choice of words.

I dont need to look up any word that i use, i wouldnt use it if i didnt know what it mean.
    Ok maybe the word was strong but he was swerved off what he really thinks and wanted to talk about (in my opinion)

Lew? If Mark was swerved off of what he he really thinks, what has that got to do with me? I thought he put his point of view eloquently. I think Mark thought twice about what he said and maybe had second thoughts......I don't know ask him. As for the word bludgeoned it was very strong because it makes me look like I was bullying Mark which certainly wasn't the case. Maybe Mark could answer that.

My truthful view is that avb certainly has it in him to be a good spurs manager, but you know maybe those booing at the ground yesterday are fed up with crap tactics, and tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, we have had all this since god knows when, every time a new manager is set in place its always tomorrow.
    But lets see what the season brings, i think any new bloke deserves one full season in charge, i dont expect massive success, but i do expect some sort of indication of a promising future to show we are on the right lines.

Lew? at the beginning of the season on this forum I said this would be a season where we will be in transition and so it is panning out. I also said I thought we would end up 5th or 6th and under the circumstances that would be a good season at the moment we are 4th better than I expected so far. The striker situation needs to be addressed ASAP but I don't think that will be until the Summer as you just don't tend to get good players in January. We also missed out big time on Moutinho because of agents wanting their cut and the deal broke down at the last minute. If he had joined.........who knows?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 05 2012, 06:44

The word on facebook was that Defoe was carrying a slight injury as well. Don't know how true that is though.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Nov 05 2012, 06:50

MarkA249 wrote:Maybe ive been harsh and silly i just cant believe that performance yesterday was awful im not going to say anything else on it

Mark please post loads more on it. It's refreshing to have an alternative view on things. I don't agree with you on it but I respect your stand point. A lot of fans were not overly impressed with the appointment of AVB. I was. I rate the lad. But for me this is a transition season. The team needs players that AVB trust's in and believes in and I'm not sure as yet that that is the case. I reckon around Christmas he will have players back to fitness he would prefer to have playing & I also think Levy will release some cash in January for him to sign a couple that he wants (Mouthino springs to mind as does a new Striker). Early days in a new era but for me they are exciting days . . . . .

Last edited by vis on Mon Nov 05 2012, 08:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : having trouble with me orginal posts, bold & colour)

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 07:22

Defoe hasnt realised his full potential
    that made me laugh what lew said lol

how long has he played in the prem and still not hit 20 goals
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Nov 05 2012, 07:29

Im not been bullied or bludgeoned the main reason i said im not saying anything was it will keep going round in circles im not one for flooding a thread full of the same things saying AVB is crap and others sticking up for him ive vented my opinion perhaps i do sound harsh and silly to some people.

Thanks Lew for the concern though but ive been on here and the last couple years on AOHELL and i dont think Baz Vis Lought and whoever else seem the bullying kind. I dont rate AVB and people know this but got to get behind Spurs

And as for a Redknapper no i didnt like it because i wasnt saying Redknapp was God but it was meant as if i was and i think ive explained that now lol!

COYS
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 05 2012, 08:05

There we go then and as I say Mark it was perhaps a poor choice of words. I appologise for that. COYS.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 18:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:Defoe hasnt realised his full potential
    that made me laugh what lew said lol

how long has he played in the prem and still not hit 20 goals

Exactly, how long has he played in the prem ? you said it lought and i agreed by saying that he hasnt realised his full potential.
    Should i put it another way then ! he has been disappointing because he was such a sharp looking goal getter and more was expected from him but it hasnt happened and now he is 30 (as you point out) so isnt he a player that hasnt realised his full potential.
    Maybe you will put it more eloquently.lol.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 19:19

Baz. whats with the ion-nesque type posts ?
    He once had a go at me for copying his style, but i did it on purpose at the time, as we were disagreeing over something all those years ago.

All i want to say on the present subject mate without going into reams of words, is that i dont see anyone on here calling you, lought or vis a word to describe you as being a supporter of avb, but if anyone says anything derogatory about him you blokes get on your high horse and the said poster is called a redknapper.
    If its opinions you want then allow a person to voice theirs without having to resort to terms like (redknapper) to enforce your support of avb.
    I think what mark said wasnt knee jerk at all, he voiced his disappointment at the appointment of avb and is free to do so, in my opinion.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 05 2012, 22:50

Lew, where did I say Mark wasn't allowed to have his opinion? He had it. He voiced his opinion and I voiced mine. Where's the problem? If someone says something I don't agree with I'm not going to sit back and say nothing, Would you? Exactly. As for the ionesque posts it makes it a lot easier to follow the argument through doing it that way and TBH if that's the way I want to do it then that's the way I will do it simples really. As for the Redknapper comment I've already apologised for that. I can't do anymore and while we're on the subject Mark has made it clear he didn't see any of us as bullies and also made it clear he didn't need any help. Done with this now.Shall we get back on topic? Fed up with posts being pulled off topic. This board would be a lot better if people stuck to the topic in hand. This one is about fickle fans as I remember.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Nov 05 2012, 23:04

The facts are, Spurs fans are fickle. Cut it anyway you want the second we get any blip, managers heads are called for and we start the merrygoround again. Opinions are one thing, but the facts are we are fourth on points with half a squad missing. You could say that having those players is no guarantee that we would have won certain games, in particular Wigan, because we had a better team out a couple of years ago and still lost 1-0 at home.
    But I believe that with Demele and a whole host of others playing we will win more than lose this term and if we finish 4th and CL football, then great. I for one are happy that we have a manager that will make tactical changes during a game that our previous manager failed to do on many occaisons and that at the mom he has less tools to do it with than our previous manager, again my own personal opinon. Knee jerk is not too strong a word to use and to say "we should be beating the likes of Wigan at home" is a ridiculous statement considering last year they beat Manure at OT and Manure have won a lot more championships and trophies than us.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 23:08

I stuck to the theme of fickle fans baz.
    We are all fickle fans when we want to be, we all have a moan about the team we support and i guess most footie fans are like that when things arent going to plan.

.........and things arent going to plan with spurs right now, but lets see the season through, its a long old season.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 23:15

djfitzo wrote:The facts are, Spurs fans are fickle. Cut it anyway you want the second we get any blip, managers heads are called for and we start the merrygoround again. Opinions are one thing, but the facts are we are fourth on points with half a squad missing. You could say that having those players is no guarantee that we would have won certain games, in particular Wigan, because we had a better team out a couple of years ago and still lost 1-0 at home.
    But I believe that with Demele and a whole host of others playing we will win more than lose this term and if we finish 4th and CL football, then great. I for one are happy that we have a manager that will make tactical changes during a game that our previous manager failed to do on many occaisons and that at the mom he has less tools to do it with than our previous manager, again my own personal opinon. Knee jerk is not too strong a word to use and to say "we should be beating the likes of Wigan at home" is a ridiculous statement considering last year they beat Manure at OT and Manure have won a lot more championships and trophies than us.

All football fans are fickle dave, you should hear my man utd mate when things go wrong and look at the success they have had in recent years.
    Dave ! just because wigan won at man utd doesnt mean its a ridiculous statement that we should beat them, teams like wigan dont often win away at places like ot, or at our place, but now they have done it once again, whats that, 2 home defeats to wigan in 3 years ?
    As long as avb learns from his mistakes then i am happy.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Nov 05 2012, 23:52

Mr Plums. wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:The facts are, Spurs fans are fickle. Cut it anyway you want the second we get any blip, managers heads are called for and we start the merrygoround again. Opinions are one thing, but the facts are we are fourth on points with half a squad missing. You could say that having those players is no guarantee that we would have won certain games, in particular Wigan, because we had a better team out a couple of years ago and still lost 1-0 at home.

All football fans are fickle dave, you should hear my man utd mate when things go wrong and look at the success they have had in recent years.
    Dave ! just because wigan won at man utd doesnt mean its a ridiculous statement that we should beat them, teams like wigan dont often win away at places like ot, or at our place, but now they have done it once again, whats that, 2 home defeats to wigan in 3 years ?
    As long as avb learns from his mistakes then i am happy.

Exactly, two different managers!! so changing them like underpants doesnt work either, I just think this time and for sure if were able to put our best eleven out, we could beat just about anyone.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 01:11

Loughtonlegend wrote:calling for avb hear 10 games into the season.

avb having to deal with all sorts of problems. hes got most of hes midfield injuried.

dembelle parker kaboul ekotto and now sandro. ade only came back today.

we having to play defoe up front all the time and we can all see thats not working..

we are playing really well in league games away from home but not put in a whole 90mins performance at home.

avb made a brave sub today and we played better when defoe went off. .

i do think its time for dawson and lloris to start games.

galas needs a break. i would give ade 60mins on thursday to get him ready for manc next sunday.

wouldnt it be typical of spurs to get something at man c. we used to have a decent record up there and they aint playing that well.

Made me laugh lought, the opening to this thread.
    So said the man who questioned every little thing harry did.
    You have to see the funny side of it lought.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 01:30

if defoe not reached hes potential by now then he never will.

hes hardly a pro like say klinsmann or bergamp was.
    them type of players used to stay behind after training doing extra work practicing pens and free kicks

it was only 2 season ago that defoe said he started to do extra work in the gym to build himself up.
    at 28 lol.
    i think defoe would be great in a smaller team where they are more direct. .

defoe is a decent striker just not the type we need to start .

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 01:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:if defoe not reached hes potential by now then he never will.

hes hardly a pro like say klinsmann or bergamp was.
    them type of players used to stay behind after training doing extra work practicing pens and free kicks

it was only 2 season ago that defoe said he started to do extra work in the gym to build himself up.
    at 28 lol.
    i think defoe would be great in a smaller team where they are more direct. .

defoe is a decent striker just not the type we need to start .

Thats what i said lought, theres a difference between he hasnt reached his potential YET! and between, he hasnt reached his full potential, meaning he never will mate.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 01:36

yay we agree lol we just need to get ade fit.

i do wonder if because of what happend at chelsea avb is now more worried in games and thats why he goes to defensive to soon.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 01:42

MarkA249 wrote:Im not been bullied or bludgeoned the main reason i said im not saying anything was it will keep going round in circles im not one for flooding a thread full of the same things saying AVB is crap and others sticking up for him ive vented my opinion perhaps i do sound harsh and silly to some people.

Thanks Lew for the concern though but ive been on here and the last couple years on AOHELL and i dont think Baz Vis Lought and whoever else seem the bullying kind. I dont rate AVB and people know this but got to get behind Spurs

And as for a Redknapper no i didnt like it because i wasnt saying Redknapp was God but it was meant as if i was and i think ive explained that now lol!

COYS

No problem mark, and one of the wisest things said on here is that certain subjects will just go round in circles, so theres no fcking point really.
    Unless certain posters respect other opinions and stop trying to grind their opinions into others then the board will always be like that.....going round in circles and then when they arent agreed with the inevitible lock comes on the thread.
    .....and for what its worth, i agree with you mate, avb is crap, but you know we live in hope and still support the team we love.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21 2024, 00:26