The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
fickle fans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
fickle fans - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
fickle fans - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
fickle fans - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
fickle fans - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
fickle fans - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
fickle fans - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
fickle fans - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
fickle fans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

fickle fans - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

fickle fans

fickle fans - Page 3 Empty Re: fickle fans

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 01:48

Loughtonlegend wrote:yay we agree lol we just need to get ade fit.

i do wonder if because of what happend at chelsea avb is now more worried in games and thats why he goes to defensive to soon.

Maybe lought, i wish him the best and hope he gets it right.
    I feel a little sorry for him with the injuries and he has to improve or get near to what we have had the past 3 years, i am sure levy is watching very closely.
    I hope avb picks the team up, mancini is also asking for better performances from his millionaire players so it should be a good game.
    Agree its time gallas was dropped for dawson.
    I like tom carroll and would like to see him given a chance.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 06 2012, 02:19

I stuck to the theme of fickle fans baz.

Mr Plums. wrote:
    MarkA249 wrote:Maybe ive been harsh and silly i just cant believe that performance yesterday was awful im not going to say anything else on it

You should say what you want to say mark without being bludgeoned into submission by those with opposite views.
    You are not being harsh and silly, every time i hear commentary on a spurs game they speak the same opinion that the lone striker strategy isnt working, but it isnt hitting home with the bloke that matters.

AVB is in the early months of being in charge of spurs, so he has to be given a sporting chance.
    Personally i want to see the bloke learn from games like yesterday, and when he gets his full quota of players back then there wont be anymore excuses brought up when it goes wrong.
    I dont think anyone on here is a redknapper, what happened has gone and is old news, i get fed up with quips like that when someone speaks his mind.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 06 2012, 02:23

Maybe lought, i wish him the best and hope he gets it right.

But still think his crap Lew?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 02:53

djfitzo wrote:Maybe lought, i wish him the best and hope he gets it right.

Certainly do, but still hope he succeeds, like all true spurs fans should do.
    Why on earth should i change my opinion ? doesnt mean i want spurs to have a bad season.
    We are stuck with the bloke , so i hope he does well.
    I had no faith in hoddle, ardiles or francis, didnt mean i wanted them to fail, you just dont know how i wanted hoddle to succeed after what he did for us as a player, but i didnt like his appointment.
    Fickle fans exist in every football fraternity, avb just doesnt cut it with me , but you have to hope for the best, and you blokes are right when you say he should be given a fair chance and thats its early to get on his back, but i dont want it rammed down my throat when others or myself counteract that train of thought.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 06 2012, 03:02

Mr Plums. wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Maybe lought, i wish him the best and hope he gets it right.

Certainly do, but still hope he succeeds, like all true spurs fans should do.
    Why on earth should i change my opinion ? doesnt mean i want spurs to have a bad season.
    We are stuck with the bloke , so i hope he does well.
    I had no faith in hoddle, ardiles or francis, didnt mean i wanted them to fail, you just dont know how i wanted hoddle to succeed after what he did for us as a player, but i didnt like his appointment.
    Fickle fans exist in every football fraternity, avb just doesnt cut it with me , but you have to hope for the best, and you blokes are right when you say he should be given a fair chance and thats its early to get on his back, but i dont want it rammed down my throat when others or myself counteract that train of thought.

Hardly ramming down yer throat Lew, like Baz says, diff of opinion. Theres an interesting comment on mehstg web site, unfortunately its copywrited, but the poster says that people around him are saying they are not coming to WHL anymore and he says good riddence as you can see the players heasds drop when they are constantly booed, how the hell is that helping, also opposing fans are chanting that WHL is the new library.
    Whats happening to our club?

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 06 2012, 03:07

Lew, also people are bound to maker comparisons to the outgoing manager, if we are still playing like Saturday with a full compliment of players, like Harry was afforded when he lost at home to Wigan, then we can draw a parallel. My own view is that tactically, with enough players to implement changes during a game, AVB is a step up from Harry.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 03:24

djfitzo wrote:Lew, also people are bound to maker comparisons to the outgoing manager, if we are still playing like Saturday with a full compliment of players, like Harry was afforded when he lost at home to Wigan, then we can draw a parallel. My own view is that tactically, with enough players to implement changes during a game, AVB is a step up from Harry.

Dave, i think its wrong that fans take that attitude with avb, yes i dont rate the bloke and i dont like the lone striker bit but he is manager of the club and he deserves his chance.
    I was wary of burkinshaw, but look what he achieved and he was booed when he first took over.

Maybe avb is a step up from harry, its the logical way to want to think, but its achieving the best possible with what you have, we are 5th at the moment with players coming back, i cant see that being worse than harry at this stage of the season.
    As i said dave we have to live in hope levy got it right, as avb will become a scapegoat.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 06 2012, 03:29

Mr Plums. wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Lew, also people are bound to maker comparisons to the outgoing manager, if we are still playing like Saturday with a full compliment of players, like Harry was afforded when he lost at home to Wigan, then we can draw a parallel. My own view is that tactically, with enough players to implement changes during a game, AVB is a step up from Harry.

Dave, i think its wrong that fans take that attitude with avb, yes i dont rate the bloke and i dont like the lone striker bit but he is manager of the club and he deserves his chance.
    I was wary of burkinshaw, but look what he achieved and he was booed when he first took over.

Maybe avb is a step up from harry, its the logical way to want to think, but its achieving the best possible with what you have, we are 5th at the moment with players coming back, i cant see that being worse than harry at this stage of the season.
    As i said dave we have to live in hope levy got it right, as avb will become a scapegoat.

Trouble is, will Levy sucommb to the boo boys like he has with so many managers in the past, would really love to see what AVB could do with this line up

Lloris
    Walker Caulker/Kaboul Verts Benny
    Parker/Sandro
    Dembele
    Lennon Dempsey/Defoe Bale
    Ade

you notice that with everyone fit, we would have a strong bench too.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 04:20

ye been inpressed with tom carrol aswell
    been uninpressed with livermoore

caulkers doing well as is falque. hope to see the latter play more

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21 2024, 00:01