The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
BazSpur
cstmrsking
sarflondonar
HotspurRoper
spurslegend
9 posters

COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE

COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Empty Re: COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:27

[quote="Mark2spark"]
    ionman34 wrote:How many programmes did you sell anyway? COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_rr

None, I'm afraid that everytime I went to sell one, we scored another goal, so you were selling programmes then ?
    Also what its like to actually get 5 goals and not concede 5 at the Ar5ena1. ? COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_razz COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_wink

COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Empty Re: COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:28

VisionarySound wrote:3 grounds in less than a hundred years - Travellers, tinkers, pikeys, Gypsies . . . . . . .

I take it that's Hackney marshes, Northumberland Park, and that bit of wasteland owned by the brewery that didn't even have a name that was nearly called Gilpin Park but heads or tails were called and White Hart Lane came into existence? COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Confused COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_wink COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_scratch COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:31

[quote="lewspurs"][quote="Mark2spark"]
    ionman34 wrote: so you were selling programmes then ?
    Also what its like to actually get 5 goals and not concede 5 at the Ar5ena1. ? COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_razz COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_wink

No, not selling programmes, IT'S A JOKE LEW COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_lol
    And can't think of a match where we've let it 5 at The Grove?
    (I'm not saying we've never played bad enough to have COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_wink )

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:33

spurslegend wrote:HOW ABOUT YOU MUGS HAVING TO PAY TO GET IN TO THE TOP DIVISION

A joining fee is charged at most places ain't it? COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:34

All it says is that was the first match between the teams. It doesn't say we were neighbours.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:38

ionman34 wrote:You moved in 1913 'cos you went bust ..........................................
    Well, we did have a brush and a close shave in 1910, but no, we didn't actually go bust, a buyer was found.
    (Fulhams chairman if i remember rightly)

Anyhow, that's a bit rich when there's still 'sugar stains' all over *your* clubs hooter COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol

Edit to add *your*

Last edited by Mark2spark on Thu Mar 11 2010, 01:07; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:39

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:All it says is that was the first match between the teams. It doesn't say we were neighbours.

What does the bit in brackets say?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:42

(now the spurs' neighbours at Highbury) ????????????????

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:48

VisionarySound wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:Now *THAT's* what I call a rattled cage lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol

Ah but a cage with roots & a fixed abode . . . . . .

Not considering moving grounds (again) then?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 23:07

ionman34 wrote:
    Up until 1913, Mark, your lot played on Woolwich common!!

I take it you mean the Manor Ground, Plumstead?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 00:23

[quote="Mark2spark"][quote="lewspurs"]
    Mark2spark wrote:
    ionman34 wrote: so you were selling programmes then ?

No, not selling programmes, IT'S A JOKE LEW COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_lol Gawd blimey ! i know it was a joke mark .i was being factetious.
    And can't think of a match where we've let it 5 at The Grove? No ! but i can think of a match where you did such a thing at WHL. COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_cheers
    (I'm not saying we've never played bad enough to have COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_wink )
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 11 2010, 10:04

Mark2spark wrote:
    burger777 wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:
    Now Mark, let's discuss teams from North London in the last century ? ...
    But a team from Woolwich. Errrrrrrrrr NO. Woolwich is south of the river and, therefore, can nor be called North London. Sorry to P*ss on your parade but your team are not North London . . .. . . ..
    Well, as we were at Highbury when ROYAL Arsenal played the newly formed Tottenham Hotspur Atheletic club in 1887 at the Marshes I'd say you were a bit out with your shout... COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
    ooops mark, i think it ws 1913 when we moved to highbury.

Well now Burg, I would have said that too, and I thought some of our near neighbours would have jumped in before you as well, but I was reading an ebook about the hotspurs early history, and ONE OF THEIR FOUNDER MEMBERS wrote, right here, that we were their neighbours (as Royal Arsenal) on Nov 19th 1887 when we played on the marshes.
    So it seems that Tottenham can write their history to suit themselves if looking for the sympathy vote, or else they don't know what the fakk their on about, all through their history.
    I think some of these are called for COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol
    A Romance of Football - The History of Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

the first match against the Royal Arsenal ( now the Spurs neighbours at Higbury )
    was on November 19th 1987...

Mark , the article was written in 1921 and the part within the parentheses marks, is refering to the fact that the Royal Arsenal being Spurs' neighbours at that time, which was up until 1921 , eight years ...

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 22:12

Well done Arnie, a rep point for you COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol There boys, it wern't that hard was it? COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol

(I'll let the 19 instead of 18 part of the quote date go COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_wink )(ie 1887 not 1987)

Last edited by Mark2spark on Thu Mar 11 2010, 22:24; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 22:20

VisionarySound wrote:
    PMSL Opps. Learn ya clubs history MarkyMark . . . . . .. .
    VisionarySound wrote:3 grounds in less than a hundred years - Travellers, tinkers, pikeys, Gypsies . . . . . . .

Hackney marshes
    Northumberland Park
    White Hart Lane

PMSL COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Lol

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 22:21

And what's this docking of the rep points if you don't like THE TRUTH then?? You shysters COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_smile
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Mar 11 2010, 22:54

On that game in 1887 it was abandoned with 15 mins to play Spurs were leading 2-1. The reason ... Arsenal turned up late and it got too dark. Bloody cheating even then

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 23:27

And as an intresting aside to the game on the Marshes hows this lil factoid . . .. .
    Tottenham played their first matches at Tottenham Marshes on the available public pitches and remained there for six years. It was at this ground that Spurs first played arch rivals Arsenal (then known as Royal Arsenal). Spurs were winning 2-1 until the match got called off due to poor light after the away team arrived late.
    Same old arsenil always cheating . . . . .
    So the marshes could not really be called a ground as they where public pitches . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 23:33

manor ground, invicta ground, old libary, new libary. White Hart Lane, Wembley. Mmmmmmmm lots of grounds. Also back in the 1800's Plumstead was part of Kent. So you're not even a London club if truth be told . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13 2010, 10:25

VisionarySound wrote: Also back in the 1800's Plumstead was part of Kent. So you're not even a London club if truth be told . . . . .

Tottenham was in Middlesex until 1965 PMSL COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_biggrin COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_biggrin COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Mar 13 2010, 14:39

[quote="Mark2spark"]
    VisionarySound wrote: Also back in the 1800's Plumstead was part of Kent. So you're not even a London club if truth be told . . . . .

Tottenham was in Middlesex until 1965 PMSL COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_biggrin COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_biggrin COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
    Tottenham was in the municipal borough of Tottenham until 1965 when Haringey was formed.

If you check your history then 'Greater London' did not exist until 1965. This includes Plumstead and Islington.

Funny how you failed to mention this Mark.

The County of London was effectively what we know as the City or 'The square mile'.

Honours even there really.

Mind you, if you want to talk history, have a look and see if your mob get a mention in the Domesday book, compiled in 1086, just shy of 1000 years ago. Wve even been around since the Romans!!

Now that's history.

Don't you just Love google.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Mar 13 2010, 21:12

stop stop stop the poor little gooners in bits lol wheres his sister bugger when he needed him pc crashes again lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Mar 13 2010, 22:25

[quote="ionman34"]
    Mark2spark wrote:

Tottenham was in the municipal borough of Tottenham until 1965 when Haringey was formed.

If you check your history then 'Greater London' did not exist until 1965. This includes Plumstead and Islington.

Funny how you failed to mention this Mark.

The County of London was effectively what we know as the City or 'The square mile'.

Honours even there really.

Mind you, if you want to talk history, have a look and see if your mob get a mention in the Domesday book, compiled in 1086, just shy of 1000 years ago. Wve even been around since the Romans!!

Now that's history.

Don't you just Love google.

I think Mark is getting mixed up with Enfield and Tottenham Ion. Enfield was in Middlesex until 65 but Tottenham was a London Borough long before that, as was Edmonton I believe. Facts wrong again Mark. Oh Dear. Not doing too well are we?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13 2010, 22:50

Mark2spark wrote:

Mark you are so missing the point. Tottenham is, was and shall always be in Tottenham, North London. Plumstead is not part of any area of North London. Never has been . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Mar 13 2010, 23:24

PMSL Vis.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 03:14

[quote="ionman34"][quote="Mark2spark"]

Tottenham was in the municipal borough of Tottenham until 1965...
    (guess what county the municipal borough of Tottenham was in lol)
    ...when Haringey was formed.

If you check your history then 'Greater London' did not exist until 1965.
    A funny coincidence that I also mentioned that date?
    This includes Plumstead and Islington. Yes. And the point is....?

Funny how you failed to mention this Mark. Quite why the onus is on me to mention "the sky is blue" type facts escapes me. COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_question

Now that's history.
    The romans that came in 55 BC are in the domesday book over 1100 years later? Wow.

You might have missed this then.
    When the Romans came in 55 BC, they bought with them a MIGHTY ARSENAL!!!
    Game set & match COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 21:05