The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
BazSpur
cstmrsking
sarflondonar
HotspurRoper
spurslegend
9 posters

COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE

COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Empty Re: COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 03:20

[quote="Mark2spark"][quote="ionman34"]
    Mark2spark wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote: Also back in the 1800's Plumstead was part of Kent. So you're not even a London club if truth be told . . . . .

Tottenham was in Middlesex until 1965 PMSL COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Tottenham was in the municipal borough of Tottenham until 1965...
    (guess what county the municipal borough of Tottenham was in lol)
    ...when Haringey was formed.

If you check your history then 'Greater London' did not exist until 1965.
    A funny coincidence that I also mentioned that date?
    This includes Plumstead and Islington. Yes. And the point is....?

Funny how you failed to mention this Mark. Quite why the onus is on me to mention "the sky is blue" type facts escapes me. COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_question

Mind you, if you want to talk history, have a look and see if your mob get a mention in the Domesday book, compiled in 1086, just shy of 1000 years ago. Wve even been around since the Romans!!

Now that's history.
    The romans that came in 55 BC are in the domesday book over 1100 years later? Wow.

You might have missed this then.
    When the Romans came in 55 BC, they bought with them a MIGHTY ARSENAL!!!
    Game set & match COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Yeah they did all,that ! and then declined ! a bit like that pile of poo wenger trains week in week out !

COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Empty Re: COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 03:44

"I think Mark is getting mixed up with Enfield and Tottenham Ion. Enfield was in Middlesex until 65 but Tottenham was a London Borough long before that, as was Edmonton I believe. Facts wrong again Mark. Oh Dear. Not doing too well are we?"

Tottenham was in Middlesex until 1965 when Greater london was formed Baz. It's a fact and i'll back it up if you want.
    Respect and all that but you're wrong.
    So was Highbury, Islington, amongst others, but that's not the point. Ilford is in Essex but surely no-one thinks that that aint east london?
    The point is that if plumstead being in kent makes one non-london, then being in Middx achieves the same.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sun Mar 14 2010, 03:46

give up gooner your talking total Bollox lol

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 03:48

VisionarySound wrote:And as an intresting aside to the game on the Marshes hows this lil factoid . . .. .
    Tottenham played their first matches at Tottenham Marshes on the available public pitches and remained there for six years. It was at this ground that Spurs first played arch rivals Arsenal (then known as Royal Arsenal). Spurs were winning 2-1 until the match got called off due to poor light after the away team arrived late.
    Same old arsenil always cheating . . . . .

So the marshes could not really be called a ground as they where public pitches . . . . . . . .

Might as well count the times in the 1915 - 16 season when Spurs played home matches (due to war reasons) at Highbury and Homerton (clapton orient) then COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_lol

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 03:49

spurslegend wrote:give up gooner your talking total Bollox lol

Please feel free to post a link proving me wrong Dave COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 03:59

VisionarySound wrote:
    Mark you are so missing the point. Tottenham is, was and shall always be in Tottenham, North London. Plumstead is not part of any area of North London. Never has been . . . . .

I reckon you were just lucky that there happened to be a bit of derelict nursery ground in the borough of Tottenham, that the Hotspur Football Club could adapt to their use... up until then there hadn't been any affinity shown towards Tottenham by the club.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 04:00

Off to the pub for PROPER football now lads, cheers
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 14 2010, 04:06

Well, you better not lose lol.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sun Mar 14 2010, 04:11

dont you mean off to the shower to play that good old arsenil pass time hunt the soap

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 05:15

spurslegend wrote:dont you mean off to the shower to play that good old arsenil pass time hunt the soap

Otherwise known as slipping a tube of something slippery between someones bum cheeks ! one of many nasty little habits gooners have ! COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 912733

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 05:39

Mark2spark wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:And as an intresting aside to the game on the Marshes hows this lil factoid . . .. .
    Tottenham played their first matches at Tottenham Marshes on the available public pitches and remained there for six years. It was at this ground that Spurs first played arch rivals Arsenal (then known as Royal Arsenal). Spurs were winning 2-1 until the match got called off due to poor light after the away team arrived late.

So the marshes could not really be called a ground as they where public pitches . . . . . . . .

Might as well count the times in the 1915 - 16 season when Spurs played home matches (due to war reasons) at Highbury and Homerton (clapton orient) then COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_lol

WE could so I shall mention Priestfield Stadium, Gillingham. At that time home of New Brompton where your mob played a game or 2. Infact now that I think of it , it must have been you bunch of itenerent tinkers that put the Gypsy curse on the ground . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Mar 14 2010, 11:58

[quote="Mark2spark"][quote="ionman34"][quote="Mark2spark"]
    VisionarySound wrote: Also back in the 1800's Plumstead was part of Kent. So you're not even a London club if truth be told . . . . .

Tottenham was in Middlesex until 1965 PMSL COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

In Middlesex Mark, hence the 'honours even' remark. You another one of those people that has trouble reading plain English?

...when Haringey was formed.

But you leave out the relevant facts to suit yourself.

This includes Plumstead and Islington. Yes. And the point is....?

That neither club was, in actuality a 'London club' until 1965.

Funny how you failed to mention this Mark.
    Quite why the onus is on me to mention "the sky is blue" type facts escapes me. COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_question

Because you brought it up.

Mind you, if you want to talk history, have a look and see if your mob get a mention in the Domesday book, compiled in 1086, just shy of 1000 years ago. Wve even been around since the Romans!!

Now that's history.
    [size=18][b]The romans that came in 55 BC are in the domesday book over 1100 years later? Wow.

Conclusive proof that you are unable to understand the simplest of paragraphs. Where do I say that the Romans are in the Domesday book?

You might have missed this then.
    When the Romans came in 55 BC, they bought with them a MIGHTY ARSENAL!!!

Clutching at straws there again Mark.

Game set & match COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Wonderful thing an imagination.
    The problems begin when you start believing it as gospel.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Sun Mar 14 2010, 23:42

Is this the most viewed post ever on this site??????
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 14 2010, 23:46

Yep, I reckon so.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Sun Mar 14 2010, 23:49

Your on fire today with your replys :Rus:

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15 2010, 00:19

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:Well, you better not lose lol.

Glad to oblige Baz COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Lol

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15 2010, 00:21

spurslegend wrote:dont you mean off to the shower to play that good old arsenil pass time hunt the soap

I thought it was just us that they "didn't like it up 'em?" lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15 2010, 00:24

VisionarySound wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:

WE could so I shall mention Priestfield Stadium, Gillingham. At that time home of New Brompton where your mob played a game or 2. Infact now that I think of it , it must have been you bunch of itenerent tinkers that put the Gypsy curse on the ground . . . . .

You forgot to add when we played at WHL just after WW2 cos Highbury was requisitioned for an ARP station for a while COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_rr

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15 2010, 00:37

[quote="ionman34"][quote="Mark2spark"][quote="ionman34"][quote="Mark2spark"]

In Middlesex Mark, hence the 'honours even' remark.

Cheers Ion!

But you leave out the relevant facts to suit yourself.

What 'relevant' fact was that then?

That neither club was, in actuality a 'London club' until 1965.

Oh, I see now COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Lol Cheers for confirming that you wern't a London club either, hence Vis's post being complete codswallop COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Lol

Now that's history.
    The romans that came in 55 BC are in the domesday book over 1100 years later? Wow.

Conclusive proof that you are unable to understand the simplest of paragraphs. Where do I say that the Romans are in the Domesday book?

I fail to grasp the relevence of mentioning the domesday book and the romans in the same paragraph then? COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_biggrin Maybe your confused as well? No matter anyway, you can have this one, Spurs are dinosaurs if the truth be told COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Lol

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15 2010, 00:39

tressman1 wrote:Your on fire today with your replys :Rus:

Another glory hunter coming in from the back door late in the day COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_lol COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 Icon_lol
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Mon Mar 15 2010, 00:54

Only Aresnil fans like cuming in the back door of their mates finger3
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Mon Mar 15 2010, 01:38

tressman1 wrote:Only Aresnil fans like cuming in the back door of their mates finger3
    blinding lol lol lol lol

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15 2010, 01:40

tressman1 wrote:Only Aresnil fans like cuming in the back door of their mates finger3

Tress you forgot to mention uncle sol & lil theo in the showers . . . . . ..

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15 2010, 01:41

VisionarySound wrote:
    tressman1 wrote:Only Aresnil fans like cuming in the back door of their mates COULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO LOSE - Page 4 105239

Tress you forgot to mention uncle sol & lil theo in the showers . . . . . ..

Thats why theo is so fecking quick !
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Mon Mar 15 2010, 01:47

Boys I am trying to get that image out of my head I need to sleep at night

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:00